Here are a few links to valuable tools for building a strong professional and career development plan.
- The New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS), through its Science Alliance, has a collection of resources for career development.
- At http://myidp.sciencecareers.org/ you can create a personal strategy and timeline (known as an Individual Development Plan, or IDP) for exploring careers, and gaining the experience needed to pursue your chosen field(s).
There are also several organizations led by Rockefeller graduate students and postdoctoral fellows that are actively engaged in career development initiatives, including:
- The Postdoctoral Association (PDA)
- The Tri-Institutional Consulting Club
- Women in Science at Rockefeller (WISeR)
- Tri-Institutional Minority Society (TIMS)
- People at Rockefeller Identifying as Sexual Minorities (PRISM)
- The Science and Education Policy Association (SEPA)
- International Networking in NYC (INetNYC)